Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Wednesday 30 July 2008

New doily progression


This doily is my latest creation. After tatting the Starlight Doily (see previous post) it inspired me to design a doily of my own instead of my usual flower creations.


So far I have completed (after the centre ring) 4 rounds. I thought that I had made too many stitches in round 4 as it was having trouble lying flat, but I decided to continue anyway and low and behold round 5 is tightening the whole thing up nicely!


Now.....what do I do with following rounds? Do I continue in the same vein or do I take a totally different direction? What do you think? Your input would be most welcome.....mind you, I might totally ignore it!!!! LOL ;-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That design is awesome! I love the balance of horizontal vs. vertical lines within the doily. I think it would be great to carry one that with some differences in the way the horizontal and verical lines are played out throughout the doily rounds...does that make sense? I hope so...LOL! I'll be going to bed soon...soo tired...
I love it, thanks for sharing!

Tat-a-Renda said...

Beautiful start to the doily.
If you don't mind repetitive motif, I think a round of the centre motifs (Rounds 1 and 2) would look nice as Round 6 of the doily. Then, followed by a repeat of Rounds 4 and 5.

Eileene said...

Linda you do such pretty work Ijust can't imagine you not knowing exactly what to do . The new doily you designed on July 27th is beautiful Keep up the good work.