Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Sunday 17 May 2009

Tulip - Edited Version

I decided that the yellow tulip was not really deep enough and so have edited the pattern to give an extra row of rings and chains on each petal.

This time I have done a two colour flower as tulips often have a very dark centre.
The centre chains are made with double double stitches to give extra support to the flower without having to wire the petals, as I did with my very first tulip pattern in my book From Petals To Pearls. This makes for a much easier way to assemble the finished flower!

9 comments:

Carla said...

very very beautiful

Stephanie said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!! That is breathtaking! Love it, love it, love it. Those colors are superb.

Miranda said...

Adding the darker color definitely makes it better.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Ditto to everything already written... I love it!

Marty said...

That's a really wonderful tulip. I like the two colors and the dark center.

battatter said...

lovely! I especially love these colors...
Carol A

Unknown said...

Linda, The work you are doing on the flowers is amazing. A bulb flower that I think would look nice tatted is the Cayla Lily.

Fox said...

This is lovely. I, too, prefer the two colours with the dark centre. It really is beautiful work, Linda.
: ) Fox

Unknown said...

Oh, yes, it's definately looking more "tulip-y"! :)