Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Work in progress!



My new DIL, Charlotte, who is nearing completion of her breast cancer treatment, is feeling pretty rough at the moment and so I though I would cheer her up with a doily done in her favourite colours. She has a vase to sit on it that will compliment the colours perfectly.


I've got a couple of white rows to do and then I shall finish off with probably three rows of the dark purple. I am simply making it up as I go along and it seems to be flowing quite nicely....not much retro-tatting LOL!!!


The thread is Lizbeth size 40.

9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! My best to Charlotte... I wish her a speedy recovery.

Margarets designer cards said...

I am sorry to hear about Charlotte, please pass on my best wishes I hope things improve for her. I hope your doliy will cheer her up. Its a lovely design
Margaret

Carla said...

My best to Charlotte. The doily is wonderful and in such pretty colours.

Gina said...

She'll appreciate your thoughtfulness so much!

Bree at "Bree's Way" said...

My best wishes for your DIL :) and your doily is absolutely lovely :) she will really like it and you know it will cheer her up :)

Suztats said...

What a beautiful gift. Hope it helps her to feel a little better.

Tat-a-Renda said...

You are a wonderful MIL to be making this for your DIL Charlotte. I hope this gift will make her feel better soon.

Maureen said...

The colours will cheer her up! It's a lovely doily.

God's Kid said...

That is so elegant! :)