Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Sunday 2 October 2011

Coronet Doily Adaptation

Over on InTatters one of the members had tatted my large coronet doily and then tatted and joined the smaller version around the outside. She then had to design a joining section. As you can see from this picture she did a pretty good job but I thought it would be fun to do my own version.
So far I have made the centre doily and done two of the smaller ones (pic not taken yet) but unfortunately I am running out of thread! I managed to get hold of Mary-Helen yesterday evening and very fortunately she has got the right thread and colours that I am using and is sending them to me. I will then crack on with the project.

In the meantime, I thought I would design a new fuschia flower. I have one in my book of summer flowers, but looking at a beautiful double one in my garden, I am going to see if I can do it justice!

2 comments:

Carla said...

Hi Linda
Oh my goodness- This doily is fantastic.

John said...

Wonderful!! It's going to be stunning.
j.