Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Monday 28 January 2013

Spinal Surgery

Good news! I now have a date for my impending spinal surgery....it will be 19th February 2013. This will be me my tenth and last surgery....it is a make or break situation!

I will be having the metalwork that was put in, in 2010, taken out, a wedge of bone removed from my lumbar region to correct the curvature (or lack of!) and new metalwork inserted, extending up to my neck.

There is no saying that this will remove all of my pain but if it reduces it I will be very pleased. I am also keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to stand up straight again....which I haven't been able to do since my last operation in 2010.

Perhaps then I will be able to get back to my tatting....I shall take some into the hospital with me in the hope that I can do a little after my surgery.

14 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I wish you the best with your surgery, Linda! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Allison said...

Oh so sorry to hear that you will be needing surgery again! I will keep you in my prayers that all goes well for you! Recovery time is a fantastic time for tatting!
Allison

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are in so much pain. I will be praying that your surgery is a huge success.

Maureen said...

That sounds drastic - and painful for you. I hope that the surgery will fix your problems, or at least, make them easier. Pain-free is always good!

Ladytats said...

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Good luck with the tatting

Anonymous said...

Hope everything goes well for you. Will be praying for your speedy recovery so you can get back to the tatting you love.
Jennifer

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This has been such a long saga! Your positive attitude is very uplifting! I admire your spirit, and I send my best wishes for a good outcome this time! I always remember how you were designing a pattern in your hospital bed the last time you were there! You are a true artist!

il mio chiacchierino said...

I am very sorry for your health problems. I every day I look at your blog for the wonderful work that you propose. I will say a prayer for you and I am sure that Our Lady will help you. Hello and best wishes.

il mio chiacchierino said...

I am very sorry for your health problems. I every day I look at your blog for the wonderful work that you propose. I will say a prayer for you and I am sure that Our Lady will help you. Hello and best wishes.

il mio chiacchierino said...

I am very sorry for your health problems. I every day I look at your blog for the wonderful work that you propose. I will say a prayer for you and I am sure that Our Lady will help you. Hello and best wishes.

Valerie said...

All the best in your upcoming surgery, and hope that'll alleviate the pain.

Marilee Rockley said...

Wishing you all the best for this surgery, and hope it will repair the problem so you can get back to doing the things that you love.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda
Hope that your operation will be successful and end all the pain you have been through over the past years.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Have you bought a new tin of toffees to take in with you!!!!!!

Take care.

Anne

Bonnie said...

I hope this ends your pain. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.